Sunday, February 12, 2006

Brrrr! It is cold for South Carolina!

The girls ventured out with me to the main library downtown today. None of us had official coats, we all froze on the long walk to the van. Naomi loves the library, as it is child friendly. Stuffed animals, bears bigger than Naomi to cart about. Naomi also loves the puzzle table. All my bigger girls love to read. They scatter to find an armload of books. Elizabeth found some books on serial killers today, Hannah has been wanting the book "Lolita." She wants to see the movie, I think it is an older movie. Anyone heard of it??

We missed church, again. We were all up until three am this morning, having great "unschooling" moments! I had caffeine, so I was up till four and up again at five am. Needless to say, I turned my alarm off...I needed some sleep. Baby was overtired at 3:00 am of course, she cried herself to sleep. She does that when we are up past midnight. Not sure why she cries, just think it is an over sensory problem. She has had it.

Suzy, gave us coupons for Burger King, so after the library I stopped and got us all burgers, two for one. Hope and Hannah were starved and actually ate a whole whopper each!!!

I got a "FengShui" CD. I need help with this massive house. I'm looking to overhaul it this Spring!]

We get our houses blessed in the Orthodox Church after Theophany and before Great and Holy Lent begins. I'm considering getting our *mess* blessed. Egads! If I think about it too much, I will chicken out!!

We made a monthly trek to Goodwill yesterday. I found Bo three pairs of jeans, Hannah three pairs, and myself three pairs. Bo has decided to wear jeans now. He is a big ten year old, he is about 5'5"!! He is going to huge, he IS huge!

We found him three tie dyed t-shirts yesterday too, he was tickled!! That is our clothing outlet...Goodwill!

Comments:
Enjoy the new clothes and the blessed house.

As to Lolita, it's by Vladimir Nabokov, it's about a teenage girl who is seduced by an older man. I don't know what your comfort level is about that theme and I think that it's kind of creepy, but I've never read it, just read about it.
Food for thought.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?