Monday, February 06, 2006

Hannah had the time of her life today. I dropped the younger children off at Grandma's and I took Hannah to lunch at a "real" Japanese restaurant. Sakura's, Hannah tells me that means Cherry Blossom. Hannah spoke Japanese with the ladies there, they said she has a very good accent. She spoke really well, I was proud of her. They said she could get a job there!

We went safe with chicken teriyaki. It was excellent! It came in a beautiful little tray with different compartments. We also got Tempura and we got Maki Sushi, California style. It was "mild" Sushi. Hannah can actually say she has eaten Sushi. She did barely get it down! I liked it. I made a huge mistake at the end of the meal, there was this pickled ginger and Wasabbe sp? I thought it was a dolop of avocado as there was avocado in the Maki. Well, I took it all in my mouth and just about died. It was fire hot!!! I barely made it to the restroom. Hannah thought it was really funny!

All in all it was very good and a wonderful experience. Hannah throughly enjoyed herself even if she was only being brave for the sake of Sushi!! :)

I bought her a Sakura tee shirt, actually got myself one to wear also.

I brought some Maki home, Bo took a bite and almost had the same reaction I did with the Wasabbe!!! He, he.

Give me a Quarter Pounder with Cheese!!!

Comments:
That sounds like you had a lovely time! What a good "mom and daughter" day!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?