Saturday, March 04, 2006

Have you hugged your child today??

I didn't come from an affectionate family. It is work for me to hug, but I must tell you it is coming easier.

My kids adore hugs from me. My only son and girls are fairly affectionate. I think my son is the huggiest of all!! Nothing like a 5'6", preteen son coming up for a hug....or a back scratch.

I work part time. So far it is working out ok, we all stay up till midnight and thereafter, so learning stretches past "school" hours of course.

Bo likes to talk about constellations he sees out here in rural South Carolina. Someday soon I hope to afford a telescope. The kids would love that!

Today is my day off. We are headed to the main library downtown Columbia, SC. It is an award winning library. It is fantastic!! Huge four story building of glass downtown Columbia. Elizabeth has given Hannah the "bug" for studying Forensics. Hannah is also interested in the Secret Service, as Elizabeth is.

Daddy is going with us as it is Saturday. We are stopping at a treated lunch of "Taco Bell" first, the kids favorite restaurant.

There is a miniature play ground for little tikes downtown not far from the library. Naomi is a busy, almost two year old. She keeps us laughing. She and I were outside in our pajamas this morning. We can because we live out in the boonies. Our German Shepherd loves it outdoors of course. Naomi checked out a little spider this morning. She squealed with delight. So much fun being two and everything is new.

Well, we are off. More later....

Comments:
I'm so glad, hugs are such an amazing thing - they restore my soul.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?